Friday, March 11, 2011

5 Minute Friday: I Feel the Most Loved When...


Okay, so hopefully y'all remember how this game goes...five minutes of unedited thinking on the prompt for the day!  And, by the way, where did this week go?  I can't believe it's Friday again!

It's hard for me to write today, because we had to say farewell to our faithful and beautiful German Shepherd this morning.  But my tears are spent for now...so here goes my attempt!


I feel the most loved when...


I feel most loved when I am needed most.  We've been dealing with early spring sickness here the last few weeks -- coughs and runny noses and little fevers.  As many ways to love and tend as there are tissues in the box...and then some!  And it is amazing how loved you feel when you give all you have to others.  It is wonderful to be needed.


At the same time, I feel the most loved in the littlest acts of kindness and thoughtfulness.  Like when my dear husband offered to take the fussy baby last night so that I could have a couple of minutes to pray before Our Lord in the Blessed Sacrament after Mass.  Like when my mom walked her and walked her so that I could get my hair cut yesterday afternoon.  Like when one of my little (and not so little) boys offers to do some small chore or help with the toddler so that I can put out a fire somewhere else.


Finally, I feel most loved in those precious moments of silence during Mass, cradling a sweet, sleeping baby, sunshine streaming through the windows, and it is just God and I in the peace of my heart.  All that I am, and all that I have been given...I am so blessed, and I know that I am loved!

Blessings,
Shannon 

No comments:

Post a Comment